Friday, September 4, 2009

My Craftier Side

Really and truly I love to do little projects of all sorts. In my basement I have a wide variety of knitting, embroidery, sewing, and miscellaneous craft projects started. I am FANTASTIC at starting projects. It's quite the time for a celebration once I finish them. Of course, I'm constantly starting and finishing baking projects - so I can eat them - and you can read about those at Baking At Huckleberries.

Our front flower bed has a pole for a little flag. Since we've moved in, I've been wanting to put our monogram on it. It wasn't until I saw this monogram idea from A Feathered Nest that I was inspired enough to actually make it. I found some fabric I bought at Kimili Designs in Nairobi and whipped this up this morning. Once I'm inspired, I'm inspired. It turned out so much better than I had envisioned!


I've also been putting up summer produce. Early in August blueberries were so incredibly priced that I couldn't pass up buying pints and pints of them I made them into blueberry jam and blueberry syrup. After I came home from the peach orchard with 3 pecks of peaches, I had to do something with them. I ended up canning halves (yellow lid), making spiced peaches (red lid) and peach jam (blue lid). I also made a peach pie for the freezer, some freezer jam, and peach cobbler, of course!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Abby-You are so creative! I love the monogrammed flag. And good thinking using the material you bought in Nairobi. Love it! I can't wait to see the little owl costumes!!!

StephM said...

Abby I am in awe of all your wonderful homemade goodies! Where do you find the time???

Karen said...

Seriously, you're amazing. I wish I had half the creativity you have in your pinky!