Saturday, January 23, 2010

Clayton's First Kill


Yesterday afternoon, I was summoned to the door only to find my dear little Clayton holding a rabbit by the foot. He exclaimed, "Look what I killed with my BB gun! A RABBIT!" He (and Cyle) were very excited. They had gone for a walk in the woods and Clayton had asked to take along the BB gun. Once they spotted the rabbit, after a little encouragement and a little help aiming the gun from Dad, Clayton hit the rabbit on his first shot.
I pulled out the video camera to get the full story recorded and though it was his first kill, Clayton already knows how to tell a "hunting tale." It was full of exaggeration, almost accurate information, and lots of enthusiastic sound effects. Cyle was able to fill me in on the true events.
Levi was also very excited for Clayton. He kept pointing to the rabbit saying, "Pow! Pow! Pow!"
Clayton told Cyle they taught him how to clean rabbits at school. Hmmm... Turns out that Clayton still wanted a little help.
So tonight- rabbit soup for supper!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

please tell me you didn't really eat rabbit soup!!

Abby said...

Oh, but we did. Rabbit noodle.