Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sneak Peak...sssshhhhh!

Ammonite and fish...

carnivorous drocera plants with pipe-cleaner insects...

hidden fossils...

a cave entrance...
...and an erupting volcano...the dinosaur cave is DONE! Thank goodness Mom came and helped me out! I'd still be sewing little parts by hand! I cannot wait to give it to the boys for their birthday. I may just have their party early because I don't know how long I can wait for them to have it. I have to keep this post a secret...I'll post more photos later.

Once the cave was finished, I had to fill my evenings with something. I chose ruffles.

Camouflage ruffles. Yes, this was done especially for Cyle. Was it appreciated? By Levi.

So I moved on to purple. I washed and dried this since taking the picture and it actually looks much better now that the green is frayed. It's going to look really good with the matching shirts for the boys...

These, too, look better since being washed. I can't wait for them all to match!

This past week, I also made a crib quilt for Levi. I know he's getting ready to turn two. I know. And that's why the mother's guilt has set in. Clayton has a crib quilt his Grandma Huck made, the new baby has a crib quilt I made years ago when I needed to fill the hours while I lived in a hotel room and Levi had nothing. It's not totally finished, but it's as done as it can be for now. The top is done and is getting ready to be mailed for quilting. It's not elaborate, but it's camouflage and made-by-mom. What more could he want?

At the moment, I don't have a project going. But that's not going to last for long. I could really use some more dishcloths, so I'm pulling out the knitting needles...we'll see how it goes. Mom and Lynn are awfully far away.

No comments: