Monday, January 31, 2011

Deconstruction...Farewell, Talk 'n Play

One of my favorite, favorite toys growing up was a Talk 'n Play. Did anyone else have one? Oh, I loved it. Many, many hours were spent playing with it. It's nothing compared to today's electronics, but I had high hopes of my children playing with it. All of the books and cassette tapes had been saved. But, alas, battery corrosion and years of sitting dormant did it in. After talking to Aunt Sherri last week about how the children in her class loved taking old electronics apart, I decided it was time to let the Talk 'n Play go. My children still got to play with it, just not the way I had envisioned.


Clayton kept telling me, "You are so awesome, Mom! This is so cool!"


Levi measured it. It was "6, 7, 8 long."





Of all the pieces we took out, the springs were the favorite.

Clarey was so content to play on the floor next to us. She's such a sweet girl!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I let Austin take apart a broken playstation 2. I don't think he ever enjoyed doing anything else more in his life!!