Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's Finished!!

This was our living room before. Under a small basket next to the TV was a gas line.

This is what we did with the gas line:

Isn't it beautiful? And toasty. Would you like to know my favorite things about it? Here they are anyway:
1) I LOVE being able to have a warm fire with the flip of a switch
2) I love that the fireplace itself was made in Kentucky and the stone was made in Jackson
3) I LOVE that I can turn on the fire anytime I'm a bit chilled with just the flip of a switch
4) I love that we came in $700 under budget
5) I love that our living room now has a focal point besides animal heads
6) I really, really LOVE that I can have a fire without wood or matches or a mess

We still have a ways to go (like painting the room and purchasing an entertainment center or something) but we are loving having this fireplace. Thank you, Cyle, for all your hard work!!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

It's beautiful. Well done Cyle!

Kori and Neal Grossheider said...

Omg! It's beautiful! What I imagined was pretty awesome but this is even better! Congrats!

Anna said...

Watch out for your toes!! My parents a gorgeous stone fireplace like yours and it has been the source of many broken toenails!!! But its fabulous!!!!