Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Congratulations, Mom!!

I can't help but brag, Mom was selected as one of this year's Heartland's Best Teachers. (Each year the local news station, KFVS12, honors 12 teachers in the area naming them a "Heartland's Best.") We're so proud of you, Mom!!

Below is the information from KFVS12.com about her:

Donna Kielhofner

SCHOOL
St. Vincent De Paul, Cape Girardeau

GRADE
First

SUBJECT
All Subjects

COMMENTS FROM THE NOMINATION FORMS:
"She asked the first graders how they wanted to be greeted every morning and gave them three choices, one of which was a hug!"

"She encourages creative thinking and imagination. She is a wonderful teacher and deserves recognition."

"She allows them to express themselves and helps them learn to respect others. My first grader loves school each day and often shares stories at night about what happened in Mrs. K's class."

"I knew that I fell in love with her from the first day of school. I know that my son loves her for the genuine, caring, and loving teacher that she is."

"She prays for the children when they are sick or down. She is amazing!"

"She is not only the best teacher I have ever known, but also one of the best human beings I have ever known. Her magic in the classroom can be described in one word, LOVE!"

"As a co-worker I have never heard her speak a negative word about anything. She is the person I strive to be."

"She gently pushes children to want to do their best every single time they walk into her classroom."

"Her classroom is filled with love and kindness. She never needs to raise her voice to command the children's attention."

"Most people would never know that she spends so much of her own time and resources for her classroom children."

"Ms. Kielhofner is the light of my son's day."





No comments: