Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tea Party


Nearly a month ago, Cyle took the boys to the cabin for the day. My original plan was to get caught up on housework. But then I thought, "Why should Clarey be stuck at home doing housework while the boys are out having fun?" She was so disappointed in the morning when they left without her. I decided right then and there we were doing everything girls love to do and never get to do with all the boys running around!


We started off by getting a pedicure. We soaked our feet and I painted our nails. Clarey put on a bit of mascara and lipstick. Once we were well pampered we had a tea party.

It was a grand time! We wore dresses. We wore hats. We picked out jewelry from my closet. We made cucumber sandwiches and butter cookies. Together we sipped tea from real tea cups and dabbed our lips with cloth napkins. I'm sure, if Clarey were talking more, we would have adopted British accents.

It was a really fun day. To top it all off, the next morning as we were sitting down to breakfast, Clarey ran to my closet and brought back hats and necklaces for us to wear.

No comments: