Friday, September 28, 2012

Easy Art

 Every Thursday morning, I mop our kitchen floor. The kids always want to be close by. They love hiding out in the awkward space between the stair railing and the windows. It happens to be right next to where I'm working.

 As I was cleaning out my craft area, I found a big roll of contact paper. I had completely forgotten about it. Before I started mopping, I taped two sheets to two separate windows with the sticky side out and gave the kids tissue paper squares. They were content the entire time I worked.

 They loved seeing the light through the paper and how it was different if it was wadded up. Levi wanted to cover every sticky centimeter of that contact paper. Later we were playing outside and were really excited when they noticed their art through the window.

 Later that day, Clarey wanted to paint. Having just mopped the floor, we went outside.
Since we were outside, we collected objects from our garden to stamp with.

 Levi loved using the okra. It had a good handle and he could move it around a lot.

 Clarey preferred the apple I brought out with us. (How I wish we had an apple tree!) She liked how it made a big shape and it was easy for her to grasp. They also used a bell pepper half and some leaves from the basil plant.

Levi loved to see how the shapes would change if he moved his stamp. Here is making a "tornado!" with the okra. It was great fun. And when we were done, we simply threw all of our stamps into the compost pile. Easy clean-up!

No comments: